- To bring together women of South Asian Origin under one organization
- To provide counseling services
- Educational seminars to create awareness
- To enrich women's personal health and well-being
- To offer support, encouragement and assistance to women in personal, professional and social lives.
- To provide guidance, counsel and extend a hand of friendship. To aid on community service.
- A group created to offer support, encouragement and assistance to women in personal, professional and social lives.
- To provide guidance, counsel and extend a hand of friendship. To aid in community service.
Young Women's Coalition to address issues relating to
- maritial relationships
- caring for disabled children
- caring for disabled parents
- difficult pregnancies
- trying to cope with cultural differences<
- raising Bicultural children Activities
We had speakers from all walks of life, enlightening us with how to maintain our cars to our health. From legal issues to Financial. How to start a business and also to self –defend ourselves.
Chronological List of Activities is as follows –
1. "What a Woman needs to know about her finances " - Financial Talk by Ajay Gupta , Merril Lynch followed by Dinner , hosted by late Dr. Manju Goel.
2. "How to lead a spiritual Life" – Badrinarayan, Hare Krishna Temple. Hosted by Raj Parimoo followed by potluck dinner.
3. "How to reduce stress – YogNidra" conducted by Manju Sikri, hosted by Ragini Narain followed by potluck lunch.
4. Picnics – Mission Bay – Ordered Pizza.
5. "Food and Nutition– Ayurveda" conducted by Manju Sikri, hosted by Manju Sikri followed by potluck lunch.
6. "Candle Making" By Sheela Patel.
7. "Self Defense" – "Play if Safe" hosted by AKKArate, San Marcos.
8. "Preventative Health through Ayurveda" – Talk by Dr. Parmela Sawhney hosted by Dr. Swadesh Mallick.
9. "Movie – Hindi Bollywood"
10. "Fundraiser Feast"– Diwali – Café India and Yearly Luncheon - Taste of India.
11. "Financial Talk – On Wealth Management during Retirement.“ By Zubin Bomanshaw.
12. "Child Development Talk" – By Susheela Narayan hosted by Sarita Mittal.
13. "Spirituality with Archetypes" – By Manoj Chalam"
14. "LAFTI" by Friends of LAFTI
15. "Raising Healthy Children in a Bicultural Environment" by Dr.Divya Kakaiya – La jolla Bridge Club
16. "Domestic Violence – Simarjeet Sahota" – Villa Lajolla clubhouse.
17. Anu Shekar – Photoediting" National University
18. Talk on "How to maintain Cars" and “Healthy Bones" La jolla Library
19. Women in Business by Rashmi Bansal – La jolla Library
20. "Walk and Talk on Dental Hygiene" by Dr. Hema Srinivasan – La jolla cove
21. Fundraiser Event PLAY" RAY OF LIGHT" Directed by Payal Yagnik and Vani Neelakantan" at the venue Braille Institute, October 2009. The First Play written and directed by Indian Women in San Diego.
22. "Arranged Marriages" by Vinod Kumar – La jolla Library.
23. "Body FengShui" by Kaaren Henderson - La jolla Public Library.
24. SDNARI Membership Drive at Bawarchi Restaurant.
25. Jewellery Making Demo at Bawarchi Restaurant
26. Gift Collection for Becky's House and Holiday Gala , Bawarchi Restaurant
27. Wellness and Medicine by Dr.Naresh Rao
- Education and Health Seminars
- Charity Drives for Becky’s House, YWCA
- Leadership Seminars for Teens
- Platform for women owned small business
- Annual summer collection of starter kits for foreign students
- ThanksGiving Dinner for Foreign students